Coventry Cultural Place Profiler
The Coventry Cultural Place Profiler was designed using the Arts Council England (ACE) guidelines for Joint Cultural Needs Assessment (JCNA). The aim was to allow cultural organisations within Coventry to plan and deliver against place-based outcomes using cultural and non-cultural data.
The profiler enables users to find information about a place at a hyper-local level and to understand the needs of Coventry communities when planning cultural activity.
Joint Cultural Needs Assessment
The JCNA guidelines support arts and cultural organisations to plan and deliver cultural outcomes that address a wide range of locally determined community needs, including cultural needs.
The JCNA helps arts and cultural organisations to offer strategic responses to the cultural and non-cultural needs of their local communities, with a view to improving cultural lives, and reducing inequalities and obstacles to participation in arts and culture. This requires the development of outcomes through enhanced local partnerships, consultations and evidence-led planning.
Building on the success and local impact model of the ACE Creative People and Places, and Great Places programmes, as well as the Cultural Development Fund, the JCNA supports arts organisations in planning activities at a local level:
- Every person can develop and express creativity throughout their lives.
- A collaborative approach to culture helps villages, towns and cities across the country to thrive.
- England’s cultural sector is innovative, collaborative and international.
Cultural Place Profiler
The Coventry Cultural Place Profiler provides data at a local level
The Cultural Place Profiler is split into three sections:
- an indicator tool to quickly understand key statistics about a place
- a comparator to undertake side-by-side comparisons of different city metrics
- a correlator to show relationships between different data sources and metrics.
Visit the Coventry Cultural Place Profiler to examine the data and gain a more detailed understanding of Coventry.
The team that created the Coventry Cultural Place Profiler include:
Mark Scott, Jonothan Neelands and Lukasz Kolodziej (Warwick Business School)
Katy Raines (Indigo Consulting Ltd)
Tim Healey, Si Chun Lam, Harriet Rowthorn, Lekshmi Remadevi and Viviana Sagredo (Coventry City Council).