In addition to the rich calendar of activities that was presented through the Coventry UK City of Culture (UK CoC 2021), a further programme of monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge exchange events has been held.
UK Cities of Culture
- Three AHRC UK Cities of Culture project roundtable events:
- 3 February 2023, the first roundtable, Connecting Place, Culture, Research And Impact, was held as a public event at The Box, Fargo Village, Coventry, reflecting upon research and its legacy from Coventry UK CoC 2021
- 6 February 2023, the second roundtable, a top level meeting, was held in London. It included representatives of each of the UK Cities of Culture, DCMS and funding bodies and discussed operational practices and lessons learned that can be applied to future programmes
- future research potential, linking with UK CoC 2025, Bradford, to be confirmed.
The roundtables provide an opportunity for interested stakeholders to meet and learn more about the UK CoC 2021 and to draw lessons and plan for the future.
Focus Study Results
The results of the focus studies have been/will be shared, either via a dedicated public webinar or an in-person event held in Coventry. These include:
- Volunteering, Wellbeing and Civic Pride − Wednesday 2 November 2022.
- Integrating the Environment − Thursday 8 December 2022.
- Civic, Cultural and Business Partnerships − Wednesday 25 January 2023.
- Policing, Culture and Community − Tuesday 14 March 2023.
- Webinar: Faith and Culture − Tuesday 28 March 2023.
Each focus study was undertaken by an independent research team at the University of Warwick and Coventry University to consider a specific aspect of life in Coventry in relation to the UK CoC 2021.
Walking Through Coventry Data
- On 13 December 2022, at The Reel Store, interested stakeholders were able to ‘Walk Through Coventry Data‘ and learn about the city in a new way through use of data insights and photographs of Coventry through the years.
Coventry Cultural Challenge
On 5 and 6 November, the Coventry Cultural Challenge made cultural data available to participants and asked them to develop ideas and concepts that had the potential to ‘make life better in Coventry’.
Cultural Policy & Evaluation Summit
An AHRC Cities of Culture Network event was hosted by the University of Warwick and Coventry University on 24 and 25 June 2021. The Cultural Policy & Evaluation Summit was designed to bring together local, regional and national cultural leaders to consider the post-pandemic road ahead for cultural mega-events and culture more generally in the context of UK CoC 2021.
City of Culture Data Webinar
On 5 and 6 September, Coventry City Council staff and other interested Coventry stakeholders, including the academic community, were briefed on the UK CoC 2021-related Cultural Data projects‘ findings. These Coventry City Council led presentations outlined the types of data that are available to be used in future planning.